- IEEE 802.11n wireless1
- Up to 300 Mbps1
- Fast Ethernet 10/100 LAN port
Made for Business-class Environments
- Ideal for indoor deployment2
- Traffic control/QoS
- Internal RADIUS server
- Web redirection
Trusted Security Features
- WPA/WPA2 – Enterprise/Personal
- WPA2 – PSK/AES over WDS
- MAC address filtering
- Network Access Protection (NAP)
- ARP spoofing prevention
- WLAN partition
- Supports 802.3af Power over Ethernet
- Wall and ceiling mounting bracket included
Fast and Efficient Wireless Performance
- The DAP-2230 delivers reliable, high-speed wireless performance with maximum wireless signal rates of up to 300 Mbps1 This, coupled with support for the Wi-Fi Multimedia™ (WMM) Quality of Service (QoS) feature, makes it an ideal access point for audio, video, and voice applications. When enabled, QoS allows the DAP-2230 to automatically prioritize network traffic according to the level of interactive streaming, such as HD movies or VoIP. The QoS feature can be adjusted through the DAP-2230’s web GUI using a drop-down menu option to select customized priority rules.Additionally, the DAP-2230 supports load balancing to ensure maximum performance by limiting the number of users per access point.
To help maintain a secure wireless network, the DAP-2230 supports both Personal and Enterprise versions of WPA and WPA2 (802.11i), with support for RADIUS server backend and a built-in internal RADIUS server allowing users to create their accounts within the device itself. This access point also includes MAC address filtering, wireless LAN segmentation, SSID broadcast disable, rogue AP detection, and wireless broadcast scheduling to further protect your wireless network. The DAP-2230 includes support for up to eight VLANs per band for implementing multiple SSIDs to further help segment users on the network. It also includes a wireless client isolation mechanism, which limits direct client-to-client communication. Additionally, the DAP-2230 supports Network Access Protection (NAP), a feature of Windows Server® 2008, allowing network administrators to define multiple levels of network access based on individual client’s need.
DAP-2230 Wireless N PoE Access Point
- Versatile Access Point Functionality The DAP-2230 allows network administrators to deploy a highly manageable and extremely robust wireless network with optimal wireless coverage. The DAP-2230 can be ceiling mounted, wall mounted, or placed on a desktop to meet any wireless demands. For advanced installations, the DAP-2230 has integrated 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE) support, allowing this device to be installed in areas where power outlets are not readily available.
Multiple Operation Modes
- To maximize total return on investment, the DAP-2230 can be configured to optimize network performance based on any one of its multiple operation
modes: Access Point, Wireless Distribution System (WDS) with Access Point, WDS/Bridge (No AP Broadcasting), and Wireless Client. With WDS support,
network administrators can set up multiple DAP-2230s throughout a facility and configure them to bridge with one another while also providing network
access to individual clients. The DAP-2230 also features advanced features such as load balancing and redundancy, for fail-safe wireless connectivity.
- Network administrators have multiple options for managing the DAP-2230, including web (HTTP), Secure Socket Layer (SSL), Secure Shell (SSH), and
Telnet. For advanced network management, administrators can use the D-Link Central WiFiManager to configure and manage multiple access points
from a single location. In addition, the D-Link Central WiFiManager provides network administrators with the means of conducting regular maintenance
checks remotely, eliminating the need for sending out personnel to physically verify proper operation.
- The DAP-2230 has a wireless scheduler feature, which turns off wireless functionality when it isn’t needed, saving power. With its high output power
design, PoE support, extensive manageability, versatile operation modes, and solid security enhancements, the DAP-2230 provides small to medium
business and enterprise environments with a business-class solution for deploying a wireless network